SIMPLE STEPS You Can Take To Enhance Your Personal Safety
Beat The Fraudsters Click Here For Guidance
Current Top Ten Tips On Crime Prevention and Personal Safety
- The Personal Safety of you and your family is most important. Stay Safe by visiting www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/ or www.suzylamplugh.org.
- Remember when you are finished with your garden tools put them away securely. A spade or garden fork left out becomes an active tool for the Burglar.
- Remember to check your window and door locks and replace any that are faulty. Remove the keys from locks when you are not at home.
- Alarms - if you have one when did you last check to see that it works properly? When you try this you may get a shock.
- During darker nights plug in your time switches for internal lights to come on when you are not at home.
- Fit low energy Dusk to Dawn lights outside which remain on during hours of darkness and remove the risk of animals activating PIR lights causing anxiety.
- Most thefts are opportunist and spur of the moment events. These can be easily prevented by simple common sense measures.
- Always lock your vehicle and remove all valuables. When parking away from home at night, choose a well lit area.
- Your property means a lot to you. If it is Post Coded it is worthless to a thief, but even if it is stolen you stand a much better chance of having it returned. You may wish to consider some other more advanced property marking product.
- Do not deal with doorstep callers, i.e. salesmen etc. Remember your front door is your security barrier - do not let anyone into your home that you do not know. If they will not leave at your request, call a friend or neighbour to come round to assist. To help keep unwanted callers out of your home fit a door chain and remember to use it every time you go to answer your door.